Welcome to Minisode Monday, where we kick off the week with something quick and actionable that you can implement right away. It'll make you more magnetic and effective.
In this Minisode Monday, former and future guest Jon Levy -- author of The 2 AM Principle: Discover The Science of Adventure -- joins us to discuss the Copy Machine Effect and how to end a conversation without burning bridges. Let's get to it!The Cheat Sheet:
- You can't always curate your company beforehand; the impressions you make are created by how you interact in real time, on the fly. Conversation is usually spontaneous.
- You don't want to offend someone you've just met, but what do you do if you find yourself in a conversation that's not ideal? How do you politely excuse yourself from the discussion without the other party taking it personally (and without feeling guilty)?
- Keep in mind that time is limited. While mingling with large groups of people, you'll see participation in some conversations as crucial, some as best put off for another time, and others as entirely avoidable.
- Jon gives us a couple of ways out if we're alone (one cleverly involves the IFTTT Do Button), or if we're already part of a group.
- Understand the power of "because." Jon explains the Copy Machine Effect and how providing a reason is curiously persuasive in any conversation. And then he demonstrates.
- To learn more about social dynamics and put them to practice, take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text CHARMED to 33444.
- Let us know about how you put today's Minisode Monday into practice! Leave a comment below, tweet with @TheArtofCharm in your response, or write to Jordan directly: email@example.com (he reads everything)!
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
If you dig the show, please subscribe in iTunes and write us a review! This is what helps us stand out from the crowd and help people find the credible advice they need.
Review the show in iTunes! We rely on it! http://www.theartofcharm.com/mobilereview