Jessica Tracy (@ProfJessTracy) is a professor of psychology at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada, where she also directs the Emotion & Self Lab. She is the author of Take Pride: Why the Deadliest Sin Holds the Secret to Human Success.The Cheat Sheet:
- Pride is a universal human emotion and a force that can be harnessed to help humans succeed -- it's a key ingredient to confidence.
- Understand the difference between hubristic and authentic pride -- why we should seek out one but try to minimize the other.
- Learn how pride intersects with grit (per episode 526 guest Angela Duckworth).
- Identify pride to gain an advantage in shifting our own behavior and knowing how to react to others.
- Discover how the statuses of dominance and prestige are affected by pride.
- And so much more...
Over at the Mind Pump Podcast, hosts Adam Schafer, Justin Andrews, and Sal Di Stefano “pull back the curtain on the mythology, snake oil, and pseudo-science that pervades the fitness industry." Check it out here!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Now save a whopping 50% on new webhosting packages here with HostGator by using coupon code CHARM!
Show notes at http://theartofcharm.com/596/
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
If you dig the show, please subscribe in iTunes and write us a review! This is what helps us stand out from the crowd and help people find the credible advice they need.
Review the show in iTunes! We rely on it! http://www.theartofcharm.com/mobilereview