James Altucher (@jaltucher) is a serial entrepreneur, speaker, podcaster, and author of several books, including Choose Yourself: Be Happy, Make Millions, Live the Dream. He joins us to talk about -- among many things -- the benefits of minimizing expectations for maximum happiness.The Cheat Sheet:
- Need to jump start happiness? Lower your expectations.
- People seem to react better to advice by autobiography than advice by slogan.
- If a giant stack of money is your be-all, end-all measure of success, you might want to redefine success (or prepare for a heaping helping of disappointment).
- How does someone live well without renting or owning?
- The checklist James uses to make sure he's operating as his best self (which also keeps him from disappointing others).
- And so much more...
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
If you dig the show, please subscribe in iTunes and write us a review! This is what helps us stand out from the crowd and help people find the credible advice they need.
Review the show in iTunes! We rely on it! http://www.theartofcharm.com/mobilereview