Sebastian Junger (@sebastianjunger) is a journalist, filmmaker, and bestselling author; he joins us to discuss his latest book Tribe: On Homecoming and Belonging and his experiences covering war for the past 20 years.The Cheat Sheet:
- Why do some people get addicted to war and recall times of crisis with fondness?
- Does an affluent society free of hardship and danger deprive its citizens of an intrinsic need to be useful?
- Are war journalists armed, and do they contribute to group defense in the field?
- What happens when someone who's been through war comes home, and why is it often so difficult for them to reintegrate into society?
- Why is there a phrase for "going native" but not "going civilized?"
- And so much more...
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
If you dig the show, please subscribe in iTunes and write us a review! This is what helps us stand out from the crowd and help people find the credible advice they need.
Review the show in iTunes! We rely on it! http://www.theartofcharm.com/mobilereview