In this Minisode Monday, guest James Clear rejoins us to talk about how pre-commitment (aka implementation intentions) can make following through with a plan more likely.The Cheat Sheet:
- "Amateurs do things when it's easy -- when they feel motivated to do them. Professionals do things on a schedule." -James Clear
- Pre-commitment (aka implementation intentions) is the idea that if you lay out a plan for implementing your behavior with a very specific time, place, and location, you're much more likely to follow through.
- In one particular study, ninety percent of the group that made made a pre-commitment with implementation intentions were compliant with their goal.
- Discover how Jordan uses the pre-commitment to implementation intentions in his own schedule to get what some consider an outrageous amount of things done every week. (This applies to work as well as leisure.)
- To learn more about social dynamics and productivity hacks, take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text CHARMED to 33444.
- Also be sure to check out our Social Capital Intensive here!
- Let us know about how you put today's Minisode Monday into practice! Tweet with @TheArtofCharm in your response or write to Jordan directly: email@example.com (he actually reads everything)!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Now save a whopping 50% on new webhosting packages here with HostGator by using coupon code CHARM!
Show notes at http://theartofcharm.com/mm43/
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
If you dig the show, please subscribe in iTunes and write us a review! This is what helps us stand out from the crowd and help people find the credible advice they need.
Review the show in iTunes! We rely on it! http://www.theartofcharm.com/mobilereview