Welcome to Minisode Monday, where we kick off the week with something quick and actionable that you can implement right away. It'll make you more magnetic and effective.
Today, we're joined by recent guest, Unmistakable Creative host, and author of Unmistakable: Why Only is Better Than Best, Srini Rao. He'll tell us how to write 1,000 words a day without even thinking about it. Let's get to it!The Cheat Sheet:
- In order to effortlessly write 1,000 words a day, you need to make it second nature in your daily routine -- like brushing your teeth.
- Writing by hand vs. writing by keyboard.
- Activation energy: the fewer steps there are for you to do something, the more likely you are to actually do it. Have the tools of your routine on hand and ready to perform.
- To minimize distractions, Srini recommends loading up Focus at Will (a subscription music service that helps you focus -- with science!), and blocking all attention-grabbing websites (or your browser itself) for an hour.
- If you're writing on a laptop, have your word processing software set up so it's the first thing you see when you open it up in the morning. Before you know it, you'll write 1,000 words per day and you won't even think twice about it. Give it a try this week!
- To learn more about social dynamics and overcoming conditions like procrastination, take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text CHARMED to 33444.
- Let us know about how you put today's Minisode Monday into practice! Leave a comment below, tweet with @TheArtofCharm in your response, or write to Jordan directly: email@example.com (he reads everything)!
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
If you dig the show, please subscribe in iTunes and write us a review! This is what helps us stand out from the crowd and help people find the credible advice they need.
Review the show in iTunes! We rely on it! http://www.theartofcharm.com/mobilereview