Dan Harris (@danbharris) is a co-anchor of Nightline and the weekend edition of Good Morning America on ABC News. He's the author of 10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works -- A True Story, about a fidgety, skeptical newsman who reluctantly became a meditator.The Cheat Sheet:
- If you're like most people, your deceptive inner voice acts as a malevolent puppeteer -- and it doesn't have your best interests at heart.
- When trying to come to terms with this malevolent puppeteer, meditation is more effective (and much easier) than you probably think.
- Contrary to popular misconception, meditation is more than just thinking about nothing (that's reserved for Zen masters and dead people).
- Even those of us with short attention spans (like Dan Harris) can learn to focus for the nanoseconds it takes to meditate and use it to come to terms with our malevolent puppeteer.
- The mindfulness found through meditation is a way to view the contents of our mind with nonjudgmental remove -- there are verifiable, scientific results, and there's nothing woo about it.
- And so much more...
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
If you dig the show, please subscribe in iTunes and write us a review! This is what helps us stand out from the crowd and help people find the credible advice they need.
Review the show in iTunes! We rely on it! http://www.theartofcharm.com/mobilereview